This form is concealed within the Symphogear relics under 301,655,722 locks, and can only be unlocked under a high-level phonic gain. The X-Drive appears to only last for one use before the user's Symphogear reverts to their normal form at whatever level they had last naturally unlocked it at.
When the X-Drive is active, the Symphogear gains a predominantly-white color scheme and enhanced design, universally including the addition of angelic wings formed of colored light. In this state, all Symphogears, regardless of their normal abilities, are capable of unassisted flight both in the Earth's atmosphere and in space. They can also communicate telepathically with each other, and others such as Finé. All of the user's normal attacks can still be utilized, but at such a drastically greater level of both power and scope that destroying an entire army of Noise is an easy task, and even standing up to a fully-energized complete relic becomes possible. On top of this, the X-Drive can be used to bolster the strength of another wielded relic, such as Solomon's Cane or Durandal.
The X-Drive's particular form and strength is based off the current level of power the Symphogear has achieved before unlocking it, as Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris all possessed radically different X-Drive forms when they unlocked them again in G compared to their forms in season 1.
In G, the X-Drive was activated for Hibiki, Tsubasa, and Chris, alongside the new users Maria Cadenzavna Eve, Shirabe Tsukuyomi, and Kirika Akatsuki, by gathering phonic gain from the entire human population singing Serena's song, Apple, together.
In XV episode 7, the recently revived Carol unleashes her song to escape the Daedalus Labyrinth and attempt to reactivate the Château de Tiffauges. Although she fails to reactivate the Chateau, the adapters are struck by her phonic gain and unlock the X-Drive for all the Symphogear users except the absent Hibiki.
In XV episode 12, the adapters receive help from Noble Red, who sacrifice their lives to build a tunnel form of Daedalus Labyrinth in an attempt to guide the adapters back to Earth, but before they reach the atmosphere of Earth, the Daedalus Labyrinth breaks up as Noble Red completely used up their energy and disappeared. The adapters lost the guidance and only relies on their Amalgam's Cocoon Stage to protect them in space.
As they reached the Earth's atmosphere, their Cocoon barrier broke and burned. The adapters decided to rely on the song in their heart to unlock the X-Drive. Now freed from the curse and without relying on anyone's phonic gain but their own, the adaptors explosively detonated their phonic gain with their Superb Song. A new final form, Burning X-Drive (バーニング・エクスドライブ Bāningu Ekusu-Doraibu?), was born.
- In XDU events, Kanade, Miku and Serena achieve X-Drive forms for their Symphogears:
- In Katayoku no Sōsha, Kanade Amou is able to achieve an X-Drive form through use of phonic gain created through an S2CA involving all seven Symphogear users.
- In Kageri Saku Senkō, Miku receives an X-Drive form for the Shénshòujìng.
- In Innocent Sister, Serena receives an X-Drive form for the Airgetlám.
- AXZ is the only season that doesn't feature the X-Drive.
- XV is the only season that features the X-Drive twice, with the first instance being in the middle of the season.
- Crunchyroll erroneously translates X-Drive as 'Ex-Drive'.
- Ignite Module - The form harnessing the Berserk mechanic, accessed through Dáinsleif to massively increase the gears power.
- Amalgam - A form unlocked by accessing the hidden power power of the Symphogears rebuilt by the Philosopher's Stone. It is a fusion of the Symphogear and a Faust Robe.