The Symphogear (シンフォギア Shinfogia?) or Symphogear System (シンフォギア・システム Shinfogia Shisutemu?) is a powerful armor used to combat the Noise. They are activated when its user uses a song to harmonise with a relic.
Based on the proposed "Sakurai Theory" from the Special Disaster Response Team Division 2's own technology expert, Ryoko Sakurai (in actuality Finé, who had possessed Ryōko's body by the time), "Symphogear" is the name of a special, counter-measure armor that was created through the phonic gain of unique relics. Having been developed with the use of multiple theories and technologies outside the relm of traditional science it is currently the only existing weapon known to stop the world-wide disaster known as the "Noise," however to avoid conflict with current constitutional laws its existence has been completely hidden to the public.
Able to respond to the synthetic vibration resonance created by the fighting spirit of the user, the Symphogear's greatest trait is its internal functionality to play a certain melody. By synchronizing that melody with the user through song, the Symphogear displays an incredibly high rate of battle potential.
Although the armor is able to absorb damage during battle, any sort of disruption of the song will result in a temporary dampening of its battle potential. At the moment, this is the only weakness that has been observed in the Symphogear system.
During the final battle against Adam Weishaupt's true form, the Users tried to absorb the power of Saint-Germain's Spellcaster. However, since the power they absorbed wasn't phonic gain, but with the help of Elfnein, Aoi Tomosato and Sakuya Fujitaka they managed to rebuild their Symphogears increasing their strength by using Dáinsleif as a catalyst.
Upon first activating, the Gear emits an certain energy that surrounds the User due to the combustion of the Dáinsleif fragment that is slowly consumed during the fight. The total combustion of the Relic leads to the loss of the Ignite Module function.
Rather than its default form, the Symphogear is known to change into various forms.
- Main article: X-Drive
Most Symphogears has a ultimate form called X-Drive form, where most of its limiters are released, giving the user immense power, capable of destroying a great amount of Noise at once. Depending on the number of limiters released, the armor may manifest in different forms under X-Drive mode. When active, the Symphogear gains white color scheme and enhanced design.
- Main article: Ignite Module
With the use of the Dáinsleif relic and enhanced by Elfnein's alchemy, the Ignite Module grants the user a high increase in energy output and durability for a short period of time. It also utilizes the "Berserk" mechanism that had been analyzed after previously being observed in cases of sacrist/human fusions. When active, the Symphogear gains black and dark tones into the user's color scheme.
Gungnir Silver Form
As Hibiki runs out of power sooner than the other users because her Gungnir Relic didn't get the repairs needed after her fight Saint-Germain. However, Hibiki receives everyone's power before Adam's attack could reach her, thus protecting her from the explosion using Maria's Energy Shield. This form gives Hibiki a silver colored Gungnir.
Limited Model_Alchemic Gold
During Hibiki's final fight against Adam Weishaupt, after freeing herself from his gasp by using Armor Purge. With the help of Saint-Germain, Cagliostro and Prelati, even in death they managed to cast Golden Transmutation for Hibiki causing her Gear to become golden.
- Main article: Symphogear/XDU Gears
In Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited, the Symphogears gains additional forms which is exclusive to the game only.
In order to activate a Symphogear, the user must sing a specefic melody which is refered as an holy chant (聖詠 Seiei?). The holy chants varies between the users, but some users can have the same chant. The chants can either end with "tron" or "zizzl".
Known Holy Chants and Users
|Gungnir||Balwisyall nescell Gungnir tron|
|Ame no Habakiri||Imyuteus Ame no Habakiri tron|
|Ichaival||Killter Ichaival tron|
Maria Cadenzavna Eve
|Granzizel bilfen Gungnir zizzl|
|Shul Shagana||Various Shul Shagana tron|
|Igalima||Zeios Igalima raizen tron|
|Gungnir||Croitzal ronzell Gungnir zizzl|
|Shénshòujìng||Rei Shénshòujìng rei zizzl|
Serena Cadenzavna Eve
|Airgetlám||Seilien coffin Airgetlám tron|
Over the course of the series, each user's Symphogear has gradually changed and evolved with time and usage.
In fact, the Symphogear system has 301,655,722 different varieties of locks applied to it. Depending on the user's level of ability and their personal battle style, there is a systematic progression of phases that the user will go through to release the locks.
The purpose of this setup is to adjust the Symphogear to the user's individual preferences, however it is also in place to reduce the strain put on the user's body as much as feasibly possible. In order to achieve this, and give the user a greater mastery of the system itself, it is essential that the user be trained with the device at an increasing difficulty and learn to operate it proficiently.
- Ame no Habakiri — This Symphogear has gone through the most changes. In the time between the series prologue and the beginning of the main story, it gained additional armor plates on the shoulders and back, together with longer blades on either ankle, along with a majority of it becoming white. In G, her neck-fabric became smaller and more settled, and a whiter color scheme. During GX, Tsubasa gets a more turquoise color scheme on her outfit and some fabric on her hips are removed, exposing some skin and providing more movement.
- Gungnir — Between the first and second seasons, Hibiki's Gungnir had the pistons used for her punches replaced with much bigger rockets, thus eliminating the need for her to manually pull the pistons back for each attack and giving her a wider array of attacks. She also gains two long ribbons with gems on them, and a small yellow skirt. In GX, the entire gear becomes yellower in color and she loses the fabric on her torso, exposing more of her skin and resembles Kanade more. Her ribbons also become shorter and the skirt becomes more of a skort.
- Ichaival — Chris' gear used to have mostly brown-black and red color scheme, but in G she gets more white and ribbons on her shoes. The headgear grows bigger and covers more of her head as well. She also gains plates on her arms, allowing for crossbows to appear there and allowing more hand-movement. When Chris transforms in GX, the noticeable changes are the red has grown much brighter, and her shoes are now red too and have changed into thigh-high boots.
- Shul Shagana — Between the second and third season, Shirabe's hair-blades grew longer and pointed outwards, providing more defense. She also had the black sections of her gear replaced with white, and her arsenal was enhanced with a pair of razor-bladed yo-yo weapons. The color scheme becomes a brighter, and much lighter pink than before.
- Igalima — Kirika's gear had its black sections became white and the green parts became much lighter. Her helmet and shoulder-blades became green and much glossier, and gained high-heeled boots intend of just heels. Also, she gains a small four-pointed green star on each thigh.
- ↑ http://www.symphogear.com/key01.html
- ↑ http://www.symphogear-g.com/introduction/keyword_01.php
- ↑ http://www.symphogear-gx.com/keywords/key01.php
- ↑ http://www.symphogear-axz.com/keywords/key02.php
- ↑ http://www.symphogear-xv.com/keywords/key02.php
- ↑ http://symphogear.blogspot.com/2014/03/symphogear-keyword-compendium.html