They were created by arcane techniques in ancient times, but the technology to replicate them is long-lost. They can be found in ruins, but the ravages of time have taken their toll. It's extremely rare to find one with any real power. The keys to amplifying the flickers of power they still bear are waves of a particular amplitude. The relics are activated by phonic gain created by the power of song. The relics, activated by the song, pulse with energy, generating the anti-Noise armor, the Symphogear. The relics don't just turn on as soon as someone hums a tune. The few whose songs can activate the relics and manifest a Symphogear are simply called the "candidates".
Various myths and folklore from all around the world have often spoken of ancient weapons with hidden supernatural powers. Impossible to produce with today's technology, they exist as crystallized forms of heretical technology ("black arts") that are being excavated from ruins and other locations.
Due to the passing of time these artifacts have been exposed to much deterioration and damage. Even through large excavation projects, finding pieces that are completely intact is incredibly rare. Therefore, in most cases, only fragments of relics have been recovered. Relics that are in a grounded state can shift into an active state through the power of song, thereby releasing their inner power.
List of relics
- Ame no Habakiri — Introduced in season 1. The first relic, which currently belongs to Tsubasa Kazanari.
- Ichaival — Introduced in season 1. The second relic, which currently belongs to Chris Yukine.
- Gungnir — Introduced in season 1. The third relic, which was originally wielded by Kanade Amō, and inherited by Hibiki Tachibana soon after fragments of it landed in her chest. Supposedly lost after it was hit by the Shénshòujìng's beam, Hibiki later managed to regain Gungnir by taking Maria's pendant.
- Black Gungnir — Introduced in G. Nicknamed "Black Gungnir" to differentiate it from Hibiki's Gungnir, it is another fragment of the original Gungnir which Finé gave to the US government and eventually became the relic of Maria Cadenzavna Eve. However, Hibiki took control of the pendant in the finale of G, and Maria later took up Airgetlám instead.
- Shul Shagana — Introduced in G. One of the twin weapons of the goddess Zababa; a relic that currently belongs to Shirabe Tsukuyomi.
- Igalima — Introduced in G. One of the twin weapons of the goddess Zababa; a relic that currently belongs to Kirika Akatsuki.
- Airgetlám — Introduced in G. A relic that was used by Serena Cadenzavna Eve, before it was passed on to Maria. The relic was broken and unusable for a long time, but was repaired in GX by Elfnein, allowing Maria full use of the relic.
- Shénshòujìng — Introduced in G. Another relic that Finé passed onto the US government. The Shénshòujìng eventually became the short-lived relic of Miku Kohinata, before being destroyed by its own beam in a gambit by Hibiki. In XV, Vanessa constructed a Faust Robe to restrain Shem-Ha Mephorash, which was later inherited by Miku.
- Nehushtan Armor — Introduced in season 1. The fourth relic, which was a complete relic. This relic was briefly wielded by Chris, and then Finé, who bodily fused with the relic in a similar manner to Hibiki and Gungnir. It was destroyed in the finale of season 1 along with Ryōko Sakurai's body.
- Durandal — Introduced in season 1. The fifth relic, another complete relic. This relic was briefly used by both Hibiki and Finé. It was destroyed in the finale of season 1.
- Solomon's Cane — Introduced in season 1. A special device used to summon Noise. It was first activated and used by Chris, who then passed it onto Finé. The cane later fell into the hands of Dr. Ver, before being destroyed in the finale of G.
- Kadingir — Introduced in season 1. A complete relic that was briefly used by Finé. It was destroyed in the finale of season 1.
- Red Dragon of Revelations — Introduced in season 1. A strange amalgamation of relic and living beings created by Finé, consisting of the Nehushtan Armor, Solomon's Cane, Noise, and Finé herself. It was destroyed in the finale of season 1.
- Nephilim — Introduced in G. A complete relic that is also a living creature. The Nephilim was used and raised by Dr. Ver. It was destroyed in the finale of G.
- Dáinsleif — Introduced in GX. A relic whose fragments were used by Elfnein to create the Ignite Module for the Symphogear.
- Dur da Blá — Introduced in GX. A complete relic that was used by Carol Malus Dienheim, who could wield it as a Faust Robe.
- Yantra Sarvaswa — Introduced in GX. A relic that was briefly found by Carol in the Undersea Dragon's Palace, before being quickly destroyed. However, it was revived in the XDU event of Kikai Shikake no Kiseki.
- Antikythera Gear — Introduced in AXZ. A relic that was used to power the Autoscorer, Tiki.
- Vambrace of Shem-Ha — Introduced in XV. A relic which belonged to Shem-Ha Mephorash. It was destroyed in the finale of XV.
- Gjallarhorn (ギャラルホルン Gyararuhorun?) — Introduced in Gjallarhorn (XDU Event). A relic that is used to access parallel universes.
- Trident of Poseidon (トリアイナ Toriaina?) — Introduced in Valkyries Summer.
- Muramasa (ムラマサ Muramasa?) — Introduced in Wasō Ranbu. A sword relic with the characteristic of Philosophical Armament. The fragments of the sword were absorbed by Noise and turned them into Musha Noise.
- Gram (グラム Guramu?) — Introduced in Ryū wo Utsu Maken. A sword relic that was used by Siegfried to kill the dragon, bath in blood and becomes an immortal hero. It was also a relic with the characteristic of Philosophical Armament.
- Magic Lamp (魔法のランプ Mahō no Ranpu?) — Introduced in Magic Lamp Dream.
- Brísingamen (ブリーシンガメン Burīshingamen?) — Introduced in Sōyoku no Sirius. A complete relic in a shape of necklace belonged to the goddess Freyja. EU found the relic and loaned it to Ryōko to awaken Bergelmir. Later, it was wielded by Kanade in a form of Brísingamen Gear.
- Bergelmir (ベルゲルミル Berugerumiru?) — Introduced in Sōyoku no Sirius. A complete relic that is also a living creature, similar to Nephilim. It has a special ability using cold air and whose power exceeds that of Ignite Module.
- Armonica (アルモニカ Arumonika?) — Introduced in Sōyoku no Sirius. A relic with the characteristic of Philosophical Armament. It was possessed by an alchemist, Alicia Bernstein. She used it to make all humans sleep.
- Apple of Discord (不和の林檎 Fuwa no Ringo?) — Introduced in Shirabe Utau Nijūshō. A complete relic that affected copies Shirabe robot, Kirika robot and Maria robot. It made them becoming aggressive against humanity.
- Vimana (ヴィマーナ Vuimāna?) — Introduced in Kikaijikake no Kiseki. A flying battleship relic that appeared in Hinduism. This relic used Yantra Sarvaswa to operate. It was developed as a force against karma noise.
- Carbuncle (カーバンクル Kābankuru?) — Introduced in Kizuna Musubu Akaki Hōseki. A complete relic possessed by Midori Kisesa and Ruri Kisesa. It usually took the form of a red jewel, but when it awakened it took on a form similar to an animal like a cat or rabbit. When it absorbed a larger amount of phonic gain, it can awakened into a form resembling a dragon.
- Silver Bullet (銀の弾丸 Gin no Dangan?) — Introduced in Gindan no Kiseki. A relic that is used by Krsnik, effective against werewolves and vampires. It has a destructive effect, similar to the Shénshòujìng and Philosopher's Stone.
- Nehushtan Staff (ネフシュタンの権杖 Nefushutan no Kenjō?) — Introduced in Tears of Peacemaker. A complete relic wielded by Chris in a form of Nehushtan Gear.
- Maya Heritage (マヤの遺産 Maya no Isan?) — Introduced in Tears of Peacemaker. A weather control system shaped relic sealed using Die Spinne Barrier.
- Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi (天叢雲剣? lit. "Heavenly Sword of Gathering Clouds) — Introduced in Taika wo Nagu Tsurugi. A sword relic that was owned by Kusanagi for generations. Later, it was wielded by Tsubasa in a form of Murakumo Gear.
- Argus' Eye (アルゴスの瞳 Arugosu no Hitomi?) — Introduced in Uragiri no Dokusōkyoku. A relic that is used by Jeanne. A complete relic. Jeanne can control baby Argus and use them like a drone or surveillance camera. She also use them to fuse with Maria and Tsubasa so that they won't hurt her.
- Hermes' Sword (ヘルメスの剣 Herumesu no Ken?) — Introduced in Uragiri no Dokusōkyoku. A relic that is used by Maria to defeat rampaged Jeanne/Argus' Eye. A complete holy relic. A sword believed to have been held by Hermes, a Greek god.
- Annabelle Doll (アナベル人形 Anaberu Ningyō?) — Introduced in Nageki no Dollhouse. A doll with the characteristic of Philosophical Armament. This curse doll has the ability to convert both Shirabe and Kirika's gear into Doll-type Gear. These gears are similar to Maria and Tsubasa's Evil Eyes Gear, which prevent the Symphogear User from attacking them.
- In episode 9 of GX, other relics are listed on the monitor when Elfnein was looking for the Yantra Sarvaswa. These relics are:
- Trioxon 245
- G'harne Fragments
- Various more relics briefly appear on-screen in AXZ Episode 3.
- Gungnir and Solomon's Cane each have the highest number of users, with three each.
- Hibiki and Maria's Gungnir have the same wave pattern.
- "Sacrist" comes from a person in a cathedral in charge of music for the choir and books. Without a relic, the gear is unable to activate, this making it a sort of a sacrist.
- Shénshòujìng is the only relic used to create both a Symphogear and a Faust Robe.