|Masanori and Sonnet M. Yukine|
|Kanji||雪音 雅律; ソネット・M・ユキネ
|Romaji||Yukine Masanori; Sonetto Emu Yukine|
|Hair Color||Black (Masanori)|
|Eye Color||Brown (Masanori)|
|Relatives||Chris Yukine (daughter)|
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
- "Yukine" is spelled with the kanji for "snow" and "sound".
- "Masanori" is spelled with the kanji for "gracious" and "law".
- "Sonnet" is a type of poem that is fourteen lines and has a rhyming scheme.
Sonnet bears great resemblance to her daughter Chris. She has waist-length wavy silver hair, sometimes tinged with lavender, and purple eyes.
Masanori has short black hair and brown eyes.
Little is known about Masanori or Sonnet's personalities, but it can be assumed that they were kind and idealistic people with ambitious dreams.
They appear to have raised their only daughter with love and care, as Chris holds them in high regard in her memories even years after their death, enough to dedicate to both of them a Buddhist shrine in her apartment.
Masanori and Sonnet, a violinist and a vocalist respectively, were famous musicians. They wanted to bring peace to the wars and conflicts of the world using music. Thus, eight years prior to season 1, as part of a non-government volunteer organization, Masanori and Sonnet, along with the young Chris, visited a republic that recently suffered from a coup and had suspended all diplomatic relations with other countries: Val Verde.
The Yukine family entered the country through Guatemala and put on public music performances in different places while traveling, with the ultimate goal of lending aid to refugees. At first, the family traveled along with delegates from the United Nations, including Sonia Virena, who shared the dream of Chris' parents and acted as an older sister to the young Chris. However, the Yukine family eventually got trapped by the expanding front-lines of the ongoing war and became isolated from their organization. The Yukine family were later declared missing.
Shortly after that, outside sources confirmed that Masanori and Sonnet had died in a terrorist bombing, with terrorists managing to sneak the bomb into their camp due to Sonia's carelessness. Meanwhile, Chris was separated from Sonia, captured by the terrorists, and sold into slavery. Chris would remain enslaved for the next five years and eight months until she was saved by the intervention of the United Nations in Val Verde, only to fall into the hands of her next abuser, Finé, upon her return to Japan.
In Video Games
Symphogear XD Unlimited
Masanori and Sonnet feature in the event Tears of Peacemaker, set in a parallel world where they did not die in the terrorist attack. Upon learning they are still alive and in Val Verde, Chris travels to see them, even though she realizes they are not her parents.
- Masanori and Sonnet are the only named characters in Symphogear to not be voiced.
- According to the manga, Chris' strange way of speaking comes in part from her parents homeschooling her.
- A panel from the manga suggests that Sonnet can also play the piano.
- Sonnet's silhouette from season 1, episode 11 and her appearance in the manga bears some physical resemblance to Finé. Masanori's silhouette bears slight resemblance to Dr. Ver with the slightly long hair.
- ↑ Design archive character sheet
- ↑ Senki Zesshōshinai Symphogear OVA 2
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear XV Episode 2
- ↑ Symphogear Keyword #30: Chris' Parents
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Episode 2
- ↑ Translated from the newspaper shown in Senki Zesshō Symphogear Episode 1
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear Episode 9