|Birthday||April 13, 2028 (?)|
|Three Sizes||B82/W56/ H83|
|Relatives||Finé (Ancestor, †)|
|Anime||G Episode 1|
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
Kirika (切歌?) - Means "Cutting Songs".
Akatsuki (暁?) - Means "Dawn".
Kirika has green eyes and short blonde hair with an X-shaped clip on the left side of her bangs. She is most often seen wearing a black short-sleeved shirt with puffed-out sleeves that have white Xs on the side and a yellow three-layered ruffled skirt, black-and-white striped stockings, black boots, and black and green arm-warmers and leg-warmers.
Kirika is a cheerful, sometimes childish, and upbeat girl, often seen as enthusiastic - especially when compared to Shirabe and Maria. She cares very much for her teammates and is willing to do whatever it takes to save humanity. Her relationship with Shirabe in particular borders on the romantic, and she is extremely protective of her. After falsely coming to believe that she is the reincarnation of Finé, Kirika becomes increasingly unhinged out of panic at the loss of her identity, to the extent that she's driven to attempt suicide when she realizes her mistake. She uses "death" (デス desu?) as her catchphrase.
Kirika has a habit of holding things, such as pillows and other people, when she sleeps.
Kirika's past prior to becoming part of the Receptor Children is largely unknown. She is an orphan who doesn't know her own birthday.
After the death of Ryōko Sakurai during season 1, the F.I.S. attempted to determine if Finé had revived in any of the Receptor Children, but were unable to do so. They then planned to dispose of the project, but due to an armed uprising led by Nastassja — with the help of funding provided by the Bavarian Illuminati — the existence of the confined Receptor Children was brought to light. In fear of criticism from the international community, the US government quickly changed their tune and arranged for the children to be released of their own will or provided shelter. At this point, Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika joined with Nastassja and Dr. Ver in order to stop the fall of the Moon.
Attacks & Abilities
Zeios Igalima raizen tron
Kirika owns the Relic Igalima. As a candidate for the Symphogear, she has the ability to fight Noise with the use of the anti-Noise armour that clads her in battle. However, she requires LiNKER to do so.
Her Armed Gear is a green scythe capable of transforming into exotic edged weapons, which in its inactive form instead resembles a sickle. In addition to this, Igalima's four shoulder pauldrons can be used as rockets or grappling hooks.
- Calamity Ring: Tinkerbell (災輪・TぃN渦ぁBェル Sairin: Tinkāberu?) - Holding her scythe horizontally, Kirika uses the rockets on her pauldrons to spin at high speeds, cutting through the enemies around her.
- Certain Love Duo Shout (必愛デュオシャウト Hitsuai Dyuo Shauto?)
- Fatal Chains: Star Money (凶鎖・スタaa魔忍ィイ Kyō Kusari: Sutā Manī?)
- Final Oppression: Neverland (終虐・Ne破aァ乱怒 Tsui Gyaku: Nebārando?) - Used in X-Drive, this attack transforms Kirika's scythe into a much larger three-bladed scythe with the blades arranged parallel like a claw.
- Forbidden Wheel of Evil: ZABABA Eclipse (禁殺邪輪・Zあ破刃エクLィプssSS Kin Setsu Ja Rin: Zababa Ekuripusu?) - A combination attack with Shirabe. While Shirabe uses Extreme Σ Style: Forbidden Full Moon, Kirika uses The Slasher: Jabberwock from the other side of the enemy, allowing them both to slice through the enemy simultaneously while the enemy is bound, with Kirika using her pauldrons to grab Shirabe and pull on her in order to speed both of them up.
- Kill Juliet (切・呪リeッTぉ Kiru Jurietto?) - Kirika's scythe generates two extra blades which are hurled as boomerangs.
- Massacre Judge: Gothel (鏖裁・號OォT壞eル Minagoroshisai: Goteru?) - Kirika's Superb Song, she transforms her Armed Gear into a much larger rocket-propelled version she can ride herself and direct precisely her attacks on Shirabe.
A strike from this attack is claimed to cut the victim's soul.
- Opposite Scythe: Rapunzel (対鎌・螺Pぅn痛ェる Tsuiren: Rapunsueru?) - Similar to her Twin Cutter Cinderella, Kirika summons another copy of her scythe and combines them into a large halberd.
- Polyfilm Scissor Love Dreams (ポリフィリム鋏恋夢 Porifirimu Hasami Koi Yume?)
- Prohibited Fitting β Style: ZABABA Sun and Moon (禁合β式・Zあ破刃惨無uうNN Kin Gou Bēta-Shiki : Zababa San Mūn?)
- Sealed Strike: Pinocchio (封伐・PィNo奇ぉ Fū Batsu: Pinokio?) - Kirika extends the blades at the tip of each shoulder pauldron into a scythe blade as they take a configuration resembling devil wings, giving her four additional arms to stab at enemies with.
- Sever Stab Dracula (断突・怒Rぁ苦ゅラ Dantotsu: Dorakyura?)
- The Slasher: Jabberwock (断殺・邪刃ウォttKKK Dansatsu: Jabauokku?) - Kirika sets up for this attack by binding her opponent to the ground using the grappling chains launched from her shoulder armor, before transforming her scythe into a large guillotine blade which she kicks through the opponent using her rockets for additional force.
- Twin Cutter: Cinderella (双斬・死nデRぇラ Sōzan: Shinderera?) - Kirika summons another copy of her scythe, which she can combine together to form a giant scissor if she wishes or use independently.
- Wicked Leg: Gulliver (兇脚・Gぁ厘ィBアa Kyōkyaku: Garibā?) - Used in cooperation with Shirabe's Σ Style: Giant Blade's Fall, Kirika jumps in the air, hand linked to Shirabe's, performing a frontflip while combining her foot with her Armed Gear, before crashing on Saint-Germain barrier.
- Vitalization - A six-member combination attack accessible only in X-Drive, which forms a pair of large arms out of Gungnir and Airgetlám's armor components that deliver a combined punch fuelled by the energy of all six Symphogears.
- Apparition: Aladdin (幻姿・阿rアJぃん Maboroshi Sugata: Arajin?) - Kirika create a fog, making herself dissapear, before reaping her targets with her Armed Gear while reappearing behind them.
- Bad Eater: Maleen (悪喰・魔ぁLえェN Akujiki: Marīn?) - Kirika summons a giant wedding cake, then jumps in the air and reaping a piece with her Armed Gear before throwing it toward her target, creating a rain of pieces of cake on it.
- Calamity Fall: Mulan (降禍・Mうr荒アn Fuka: Muran?) - Kirika jumps in the air, makes her Armed Gear grew in size before launching it to her target, below, she then land on the end of her Armed Gear and strike a pose.
- Cruel Vortex: Dormouse (惨渦・怒ォー魔ウSu San Uzu: Dōmausu?)
- Dark Kalpa: Turandot (冥劫・兎ぅr逢アN弩ぉTォ Meikō: Tōrandotto?) - With her X-Drive, Kirika rushs toward her target, perform a upward strike, before jumping high in the air, she then swing her Armed Gear downwards, creating a shockwave of energy, crashing on her target, exploding in a pillar of light.
- Darkness: Santa Claus (隠闇・燦nタ苦rおSゥ Yoyami: Santakurōsu?) - Kirika summons a giant present box to confine her target inside, before using her Armed Gear as a club, throwing it toward the starry night sky, making him explode in fireworks, one displaying Shirabe's face.
- Death Crush: Heinrich (圧殺・覇iンRい火 Assatsu: Hainrikku?)
- Decapitation: Alvilda (即馘・Aるu薇イDあ Sokukyoku: Aruvu Iruda?) - Kirika make contact with the ground with the handle of her Armed Gear, making appear a guillotine where her target stand, she then swings her Armed Gear forward, making the guillotine fall on the target, executing him.
- Dust Ripping: Ushiwakamaru (塵裂・Uシｗ亜禍aMァ婁 Jinretsu: Ushiwakamaru?)
- Evil Arrival: Die Boten des Todes (禍訪・堕イbぉー手nデs都ーD柄す Suwa: Di Bōten desu Tōdesu?)
- Fierce Revolt: Hans (猛乱・刄aんSゥ Mōran: Hansu?) - Kirika rushs toward her opponent, takes a jump before crashing on him by performing a powerful kick.
- Final Song: Bandersnatch (終曲・バN堕ァァSuナッ血ィ Shūkyoku: Bandāsunachi?) - With her X-Drive, Kirika flies in the sky, then creates two clones of herself before each of them swings their Armed Gear to create a shockwave, before re-fusing into one, Kirika then perform a final swing downwards, creating a swirling of wind rushing toward her target, taking each blow in a row.
- Flower Funeral: Rosa (華葬・Rォおｚざ亜 Hanasō: Roozza?) -
- Grudge Blade: Hamelin (怨刃・破アmぇRゥん Enjin: Hamerin?) - Kirika take a stance, before swings her Armed Gear upward, creating a shockwave that come rushing toward her target.
- Illusory Abyss: Marian (迷淵・煤ぇAリｉ娃ん Mayoen: Marian?) - Kirika uses her Armed Gear to open a door, revealing a dimension with seven open doors toward the target, befores severals treats fall on him.
- Intense Void: Little One-Inch (虚激・威Sゥん暴uシ Kyogeki: Issunbōshi?) - Kirika swings her Armed Gear with her hands above her head before taking her stance, her Armed Gear then grew in size before she swings it to performs an horizontal strike followed by an vertical one at her targets.
- Judgement Execution: Gretel (断遂・愚れェぇテ瑠 Dansui: Gureteru?) - Kirika throws her Armed Gear, making it spinning furiously toward her target before rushing after it and reaping her target after retriveing her Armed Gear on the fly.
- Machine Beast: Gigan (械獣・牙ぃG暗 Kaiju: Gaigan?) -
- Magical Armor: Kaguya Princess (魔鎧・禍Gャ腐rいNセs Magai: Kaguya Purinsesu?) -
- Peel Thorn: Jack (剥刺・蛇aツkぅ Hakutoge: Jakku?) - Kirika draws a second Armed Gear before throwing them successively at her targets, striking them simultaneously.
- Punishment: Little Mermaid (灼罰・りToル魔aA冥土 Yakubatsu: Ritorumāmeido?) - Kirika jumps in the air, swing her Armed Gear, releasing a seed that come plant in front of the target, before instantly sprouting from the sand, throwing the target far toward the sky and leaving Kirika drinking her coconut milk.
- Reaping: Trude (殲刈・Tぅ璢Uでe Senkari: Tourūdo?)
- Sacred Punishment: White Knight (聖罰・HoワiTオNAイToォ Seibatsu: Howaitonaito?)
- Shadow Fang: Nightingale (陰牙・亡ぃ血nGえiル Inkiba: Naichingēru?) - Kirika take her momentum by jumping in air, before piercing the ground with her Armed Gear, the tip reappearing below her target in the form of spear made of green energy, piercing it.
- Slash: Eye Slugger (絶斬・a遺SゥrAッ愚ぁー Zekki: Ai Suraggā?) -
- Spirit's Judgement: Der Gevatter Tod (魔断・De亜げFaッ蛇ーtおー途 Madan: Dea Gefattā Tōto?)
- Split Sky: Alice (裂空・亜リiす Rekkū: Arisu?) - In her Ignited form, Kirika rushes toward her target, before reaping her target with her Armed Gear in a great swing.
- Tyrant Claw: Cheshire Cat (虐爪・血ェ捨ャ奇ャっTォオ Gyaku Tsume: Cheshākyatto?) - Kirika rushes toward her target, performing an great upward strike to her target, before gives another strike downward with the momentum of the first while she is in the air.
- Violence: Korbes ( 凶乱 ・虚o瑠Bぇ棲ゥ Kyōran: Korubesu?) -
- Violent Kill: Mad Hatter (暴殺・魔ッ恕Haっタ Bōsatsu: Maddohattā?) - Kirika draws a second Armed Gear, before rushing toward her targets, inflicting a double strike upwards before spinning her Armed Gear above her head, creating shockwaves hitting her targets.
- Wild Party: Michelle ( 暴宴・美iッ使eルu Aba Utage: Misheru?) -
|Kirika's Solo Songs|
|Gokuren Igalima||Tegami||Overkill Scythe Hell||Okitegami|
|Dangerous Sunshine||Happy Smile Vacation||Mikansei Love Mapputatsu!||Happy Birthday no Uta|
|Santa ga Machi ni Yatte Kuru||Akatsuki no Sora|
- Kirika's battle song genre is symphonic rock.
- Kirika uses Japanese and English language for her attack names. Many of her attacks are named after places and characters from different fairy tales.
- The design of Kirika's Symphogear headgear is similar to a witch's hat.
- Kirika and Shirabe's insert songs make a lot of reference to each other. Specifically:
- "Singing the melody" (Original Japanese: Shirabe utau): 'Uta' ('to sing' or 'a song') is the alternate pronunciation of '歌', which is the second kanji in Kirika's name. 'Shirabe' (調, meaning 'melody') is the very same word in Shirabe's name.
- "The two of us are (like) the Sun and Moon": Kirika's last name Akatsuki (暁)'s left radical is 日, which means "sun". Shirabe's last name Tsukuyomi (月読) on the other hand contains the radical 月, which means "moon".
- There's also multiple occurrences of the phrase "I wish to tell you 'I love you'", which is exactly what the two did in G Episode 11, G Episode 12, and GX Episode 8.
- Kirika's birthday of April 13 was given to her by the F.I.S., with April 13 being the day she arrived at the F.I.S., as Kirika did not remember her original birthday.
- One of her weapons is reminiscent of Nnoitra Gilga from Bleach, particularly the Reverse Rapunzel.
- Similarly, Fatal Chains: Star Money resembles Hisagi Shuhei's Shikai.
- "イガリマ、到着デス！/Igalima is here!"
- 「調やマリア、マムが暮らす世界を、あたしがここにいたって証を遺したいんデスッ！」/ "In this world where Shirabe, Maria and Mom live... I just wish to leave behind some kind of proof of my existence!!"
- デス /"Death!"
- (To Shirabe) "Don't call me Dear! I love you even more! That's why I protect the people in world around my Dear person!" - G Episode 12
- (To Shirabe) "Wrong! It's because I love you! Shirabe is My dear, So I couldn't forgive myself to see you get hurt" - GX Episode 8
- (To Shirabe) "Protecting Shirabe is My Duty!" - GX Episode 8
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Senki Zesshō Symphogear G Episode 8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 GX Official Website
- ↑ AXZ Official Website
- ↑ XV Official Website
- ↑ GX Official Website
- ↑ "(?)" due to it being the unofficial birthday she was given by the F.I.S.
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Episode 9, Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited memoria "Kirika's Sleeping Habit"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 While not named in the anime, it was named in Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Song never used in the anime
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 XDU-exclusive song
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Song also used as an Ignited Arrangement
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Episode 9