|Anime||G Episode 1|
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
|Three Sizes||B82/W56/ H83|
|Relatives||Finé (Ancestor, †)|
Kirika (切歌?) - Means "Cutting Songs".
Akatsuki (暁?) - Means "Dawn".
Kirika has green eyes and short blond hair with an X shaped clip on the left side of her bangs. She is most often seen wearing a black short sleeved shirt with puffed out sleeves that have white Xs on the side and a yellow three layered ruffled skirt, black and white striped stockings, black boots, and black and green arm-warmers and leg-warmers.
Kirika is a cheerful and upbeat girl, often seen as enthusiastic - especially when compared to Shirabe and Maria. She cares very much for her teammates and is willing to do whatever it takes to save humanity. Her relationship with Shirabe in particular borders on the romantic, and she is extremely protective of her. After falsely coming to believe that she is the reincarnation of Finé, Kirika becomes increasingly unhinged out of panic at the loss of her identity, to the extent that she's driven to attempt suicide when she realizes her mistake. She uses "death" (デス desu?) as her catchphrase.
Kirika has a habit of holding things, such as pillows and other people, when she sleeps.
Kirika's past prior to becoming part of the Receptor Children is still largely unknown, but her character song Tegami implies that she has experienced famine, hinting to an impoverished childhood, and her character song Okitegami implies that she was a victim of a bombing at some point. It is known that she is an orphan.
After the death of Ryōko Sakurai during season 1, the F.I.S. attempted to determine if Finé had revived in any of the Receptor Children, but were unable to do so. They then planned to dispose of the project, but due to an armed uprising led by Nastassja — with the help of funding provided by the Bavarian Illuminati — the existence of the confined Receptor Children was brought to light. In fear of criticism from the international community, the US government quickly changed their tune and arranged for the children to be released of their own will or provided shelter. At this point, Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika joined with Nastassja and Dr. Ver in order to stop the fall of the Moon.
Attacks & Abilities
Zeios Igalima raizen tron
Kirika owns the Relic Igalima. As a candidate for the Symphogear, she has the ability to fight Noise with the use of the anti-Noise armour that clads her in battle. However, she requires LiNKER to do so.
Her Armed Gear is a green scythe capable of transforming into exotic edged weapons, which in its inactive form instead resembles a sickle. In addition to this, Igalima's four shoulder pauldrons can be used as rockets or grappling hooks.
- Kill・Juliet (切・呪リeッTぉ Kiru・Jurietto?) - Kirika's scythe generates two extra blades which are hurled as boomerangs.
- The Slasher・Jabberwock (断殺・邪刃ウォttKKK Dansatsu・Jabauokku?) - Kirika sets up for this attack by binding her opponent to the ground using the grappling chains launched from her shoulder armor, before transforming her scythe into a large guillotine blade which she kicks through the opponent using her rockets for additional force.
- Sealed Strike・Pinocchio (封伐・PィNo奇ぉ Fū Batsu・Pinokio?) - Kirika extends the blades at the tip of each shoulder pauldron into a scythe blade as they take a configuration resembling devil wings, giving her four additional arms to stab at enemies with.
- Twin Cutter・Cinderella (双斬・死nデRぇラ Sōzan・Shinderera?) - Kirika summons another copy of her scythe, which she can combine together to form a giant scissor if she wishes or use independently.
- Calamity Ring・Tinkerbell (災輪・TぃN渦ぁBェル Sairin・Tinkāberu?) - Holding her scythe horizontally, Kirika uses the rockets on her pauldrons to spin at high speeds, cutting through the enemies around her.
- Superb Song - Igalima's Superb Song transforms Kirika's scythe into a much larger rocket-propelled scythe, large enough for Kirika herself to ride. A strike from this attack is claimed to cut the victim's soul.
- Final Oppression・Neverland (終虐・Ne破aァ乱怒 Tsui Gyaku・Nebārando?) - Used in X-Drive, this attack transforms Kirika's scythe into a much larger three-bladed scythe with the blades arranged parallel like a claw.
- Vitalization - A six-member combination attack accessible only in X-Drive, which forms a pair of large arms out of Gungnir and Airgetlám's armor components that deliver a combined punch fuelled by the energy of all six Symphogears.
- Opposite Scythe・Rapunzel (対鎌・螺Pぅn痛ェる Tsuiren・Rapunsueru?) - Similar to her Twin Cutter Cinderella, Kirika summons another copy of her scythe and combines them into a large halberd.
- Forbidden Wheel of Evil・ZABABA Eclipse (禁殺邪輪・Zあ破刃エクLィプssSS Kin Setsu Ja Rin・Zababa Ekuripusu?) - A combination attack with Shirabe. While Shirabe uses Extreme Σ Style・Forbidden Full Moon, Kirika uses The Slasher・Jabberwock from the other side of the enemy, allowing them both to slice through the enemy simultaneously while the enemy is bound, with Kirika using her pauldrons to grab Shirabe and pull on her in order to speed both of them up.
- Prohibited Fitting β Style・ZABABA Sun and Moon (禁合β式・Zあ破刃惨無uうNN Kin Gou Bēta-Shiki ・Zababa San Mūn?) -
- Certain Love Duo Shout (必愛デュオシャウト Hitsuai Dyuo Shauto?) -
- Split Sky・Alice (裂空・亜リiす Rekkū・Arisu?) - In her Ignited form, Kirika rushes toward her target, before reaping her target with her Armed Gear in a great swing.
- Intense Void・Little One-Inch (虚激・威Sゥん暴uシ Kyogeki・Issunbōshi?) - Kirika swings her Armed Gear with her hands above her head before taking her stance, her Armed Gear then grew in size before she swings it to performs an horizontal strike followed by an vertical one at her targets.
- Violent Kill・Mad Hatter (暴殺・魔ッ恕Haっタ Bōsatsu・Maddohattā?) - Kirika draws a second Armed Gear, before rushing toward her targets, inflicting a double strike upwards before spinning her Armed Gear above her head, creating shockwaves hitting her targets.
- Final Song・Bandersnatch (終曲・バN堕ァァSuナッ血ィ Shūkyoku・Bandāsunachi?) - With her X-Drive, Kirika flies in the sky, then creates two clones of herself before each of them swings their Armed Gear to create a shockwave, before re-fusing into one, Kirika then perform a final swing downwards, creating a swirling of wind rushing toward her target, taking each blow in a row.
- Darkness・Santa Claus (隠闇・燦nタ苦rおSゥ Yoyami・Santakurōsu?) - Kirika summons a giant present box to confine her target inside, before using her Armed Gear as a club, throwing it toward the starry night sky, making him explode in fireworks, one displaying Shirabe's face.
- Calamity Fall・Mulan (降禍・Mうr荒アn Fuka・Muran?) - Kirika jumps in the air, makes her Armed Gear grew in size before launching it to her target, below, she then land on the end of her Armed Gear and strike a pose.
- Decapitation・Alvilda (即馘・Aるu薇イDあ Sokukyoku・Aruvu Iruda?) - Kirika make contact with the ground with the handle of her Armed Gear, making appear a guillotine where her target stand, she then swings her Armed Gear forward, making the guillotine fall on the target, executing him.
- Dark Kalpa・Turandot (冥劫・兎ぅr逢アN弩ぉTォ Meikō・Tōrandotto?) - With her X-Drive, Kirika rushs toward her target, perform a upward strike, before jumping high in the air, she then swing her Armed Gear downwards, creating a shockwave of energy, crashing on her target, exploding in a pillar of light.
- Illusory Abyss・Marian (迷淵・煤ぇAリｉ娃ん Mayoen・Marian?) - Kirika uses her Armed Gear to open a door, revealing a dimension with seven open doors toward the target, befores severals treats fall on him.
- Punishment・Little Mermaid (灼罰・りToル魔aA冥土 Yakubatsu・Ritorumāmeido?) - Kirika jumps in the air, swing her Armed Gear, releasing a seed that come plant in front of the target, before instantly sprouting from the sand, throwing the target far toward the sky and leaving Kirika drinking her coconut milk.
- Magical Armor・Kaguya Princess (魔鎧・禍Gャ腐rいNセs Magai・Kaguya Purinsesu?) -
- Reaping・Trude (殲刈・Tぅ璢Uでe Senkari・Tourūdo?) -
- Cruel Vortex・Dormouse (惨渦・怒ォー魔ウSu San Uzu・Dōmausu?) -
- Sacred Punishment・White Knight (聖罰・HoワiTオNAイToォ Seibatsu・Howaitonaito?) -
- Apparition・Aladdin (幻姿・阿rアJぃん Maboroshi Sugata・Arajin?) - Kirika create a fog, making herself dissapear, before reaping her targets with her Armed Gear while reappearing behind them.
- Peel Thorn・Jack (剥刺・蛇aツkぅ Hakutoge・Jakku?) - Kirika draws a second Armed Gear before throwing them successively at her targets, striking them simultaneously.
- Tyrant Claw・Cheshire Cat (虐爪・血ェ捨ャ奇ャっTォオ Gyaku Tsume・Cheshākyatto?) - Kirika rushes toward her target, performing an great upward strike to her target, before gives another strike downward with the momentum of the first while she is in the air.
- Wicked Leg・Gulliver (兇脚・Gぁ厘ィBアa Kyōkyaku・Garibā?) - Kirika jumps in the air, performaing a frontflip while combining her right foot with her Armed Gear, before crashing on her targets.
- Bad Eater・Maleen (悪喰・魔ぁLえェN Akujiki・Marīn?) - Kirika summons a giant wedding cake, then jumps in the air and reaping a piece with her Armed Gear before throwing it toward her target, creating a rain of pieces of cake on it.
- Death Crush・Heinrich (圧殺・覇iンRい火 Assatsu・Hainrikku?) -
- Grudge Blade・Hamelin (怨刃・破アmぇRゥん Enjin・Hamerin?) - Kirika take a stance, before swings her Armed Gear upward, creating a shockwave that come rushing toward her target.
- Shadow Fang・Nightingale (陰牙・亡ぃ血nGえiル Inkiba・Naichingēru?) - Kirika take her momentum by jumping in air, before piercing the ground with her Armed Gear, the tip reappearing below her target in the form of spear made of green energy, piercing it.
- Judgement Execution・Gretel (断遂・愚れェぇテ瑠 Dansui・Gureteru?) - Kirika throws her Armed Gear, making it spinning furiously toward her target before rushing after it and reaping her target after retriveing her Armed Gear on the fly.
- Massacre Judge・Gothel (鏖裁・號OォT壞eル Minagoroshisai・Goteru?) - Kirika sings her Superb Song, swings her Armed Gear upward, before revealing a larger version, jumps in the air, rides her Armed Gear, before swirling madly with it, rushing toward her target, hitting through her two time from different angle, before striking a last time.
- Fierce Revolt・Hans (猛乱・刄aんSゥ Mōran・Hansu?) - Kirika rushs toward her opponent, takes a jump before crashing on him by performing a powerful kick.
|Kirika's Solo Songs|
|Gokuren Igalima||Tegami||Overkill Scythe Hell||Okitegami|
|Dangerous Sunshine||Happy Smile Vacation||Santa ga Machi ni Yatte Kuru||Akatsuki no Sora|
- Kirika's battle song genre is symphonic rock.
- Kirika uses Japanese and English language for her attack names.
- She has her attacks named from places and characters of different fairy tales.
- Kirika shares her initials (K.A.) with Kanade Amou and Kuriyo Ando.
- Her relic's name, along with Shirabe Tsukuyomi's, was revealed during the Opening Animation Sequence in Season 2.
- The design of Kirika's Symphogear headgear is similar to a witch's hat.
- Kirika wears the opposite color of Shirabe's relic.
- Kirika is the Gear user with the fourth biggest number of attacks (8).
- As every other main character in this show, Kirika and Shirabe's insert songs make a lot of reference to themselves. Specifically:
- "Singing the melody" (Original Japanese: Shirabe Utau): Uta (Sing, or song) is the alternate pronunciation of 歌, which is the second kanji in Kirika's name. Shirabe (調, meaning melody) is the very same word in Shirabe's name.
- "The two of us are (like) the Sun and Moon": Kirika's last name Akatsuki (暁)'s left radical is 日, which means "sun". Shirabe's last name Tsukuyomi (月読) on the other hand contains the radical 月, which means "moon".
- There's also multiple occurrences of the phrase "I wish to tell you 'I love you'", which is exactly what the two did in G Episode 11, G Episode 12, and GX Episode 8.
- Kirika's birthday of April 13 was given to her by the F.I.S., with April 13 being the day she arrived at the F.I.S., as Kirika did not remember her original birthday.
- "イガリマ、到着デス！/Igalima is here!"
- 「調やマリア、マムが暮らす世界を、あたしがここにいたって証を遺したいんデスッ！」/ "In this world where Shirabe, Maria and Mom live... I just wish to leave behind some kind of proof of my existence!!"
- 死 /"Death!"
- Main article: Kirika Akatsuki/Image gallery
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G Episode 8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 GX Official Website
- ↑ AXZ Official Website
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Episode 9, Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited memoria "Kirika's Sleeping Habit"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Song never used in the anime
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 XDU-exclusive song
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Song also used as an Ignited Arrangement
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Episode 9
Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Characters
Miku Kohinata | Genjuro Kazanari | Shinji Ogawa | Sakuya Fujitaka | Aoi Tomosato | Elfnein | Fudō Kazanari | Saint-Germain
Cagliostro | Prelati | Tiki | Adam Weishaupt | Sonia Virena | Stephan Virena | Yumi Itaba | Kuriyo Ando | Shiori Terashima
Masahito Shibata | Masanori and Sonnet M. Yukine