|John Wayne Vercingetorix|
|Romaji||Jon Uein Uerukingetorikusu|
|Anime||G Episode 1|
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
John Wayne Vercingetorix (ジョン・ウェイン・ウェルキンゲトリクス Jon Uein Uerukingetorikusu?), more commonly known as Dr. Ver (ウェル博士 Ueru-hakase?) is the main antagonist of Senki Zesshō Symphogear G and a minor antagonist turned ally in Senki Zesshō Symphogear GX.
- In old Norse, "ver" translates to "we" and "sea".
Dr. Ver has white short hair parted from the left with blue eyes. He wears silver rimmed glasses along with a olive green turtle neck, a white overcoat with light violet trimmings, grey slacks and light brown shoes.
Ver was visibly insane, prone to sudden and extreme outbursts of emotion despite his normally calm demeanour at the start of the series. He's also quite cowardly, running away and screaming (while tripping a lot) whenever things don't go his way.
As an expert on biochemistry, he has demonstrated an aptitude for research involving the bonding of living organisms to sacred relics. He holds an admiration for the heroes who saved the world, Hibiki and co., and harbours many personal ambitions. Deeply ambitious, Ver is fascinated with the Symphogears and their users, and developed a more advanced form of the LiNKER drug that allows sync ratios to be raised by force along with a counteragent. It's later revealed that he planned to make the moon crash to Earth so he can repopulate humanity himself.
Ver managed to escape from imprisonment inside the Undersea Dragon's Palace due to collateral damage from a battle, after which he absorbed a missile from Chris' Mega Death Quartet, thus saving Carol from the attack.
He is later seen with Carol helping her complete her plans but she betrays him and stabs him with her harp, Dur da Blá, he and falls off the Chateau. Ver is not seen again until later where he helps Maria and co. to stop the Chateau. However, after it explodes, he is severely injured and crushed by the debris of the Chateau and is close to death. He gives them his final words before giving them a datachip containing his research, and dies on the spot.
Ver reappears inside Maria's mind as memories and mental images, where he meets and entraps her and Elfnein.
Two alternate versions of Ver appear in Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited.
- One version simply wanted the Candidates to stay in his world so he could have them form an idol group. His reaction to hearing what his main timeline counterpart did was to say that becoming a hero and taking over the world is too bothersome.
- A second version of Ver appeared in the event Senkaku no Kyōryokusha: Dr. Ver. In spite of being just as psychopathic as his main counterpart, complete with the same mutated arm, he actively channels his energy towards attempting to be a genuine hero, as opposed to his main counterpart.
- I am a hero! (僕は英雄だッ！ Boku wa Eiyū da!?) - Dr. Ver makes his arm grow exponentially, taking the form of Nephilim's arm, before smashing his target three times with it.
- This is the power of a hero! (これが英雄の力だッ！ Kore ga eiyū no chikarada ~tsu!?) -