| Let's get to work!
The following article is a stub! It is not considered to be complete regarding the information available for it and still need to be improved. Your help is highly appreciated here. You can help us by expanding it!
|Anime||XV Episode 1|
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
- 'Elsa' is derived from 'Elizabeth', which means roughly 'I have pledged my oath to God'.
- 'Bête' means 'beast' in French. It additionally references the Beast of Gévaudan (French: La Bête du Gévaudan). This beast is a man-eating werewolf that terrorized the former province of Gévaudan (modern-day département of Lozère and part of Haute-Loire), in the Margeride Mountains in south-central France between 1764 and 1767.
Despite being the most junior of Noble Red, Elsa is considered to be a notable genius and reliable organizer. She shows more respect towards her opponents than Vanessa or Millaarc, but Elsa is nonetheless willing to prioritize her and Noble Red's goals over the welfare of innocents.
Elsa has a verbal tic of ending most of her sentences with "de arimasu" (であります? lit. "this/that is" or "to be").
Elsa hails from Lozère, France. She was confined and subjected to physical and sexual abuse by close relatives. At some point, she came under possession of the Bavarian Illuminati as an experimental specimen by unknown means.
The Illuminati's experiments amplified Elsa's neural system, allowing her great reaction speed and parallel processing beyond the ability of average humans. DNA sequences were taken from various animals to reduce the strain on Elsa's body, giving her bestial characteristics and feral instincts. Elsa is not as good in physical combat or prowess compared to her colleagues Vanessa and Millaarc, but she excels in quick-witted and flexible thinking.
Despite these changes, Elsa was deemed as a worthless failure of a test subject by the Illuminati, similar to her companion Millaarc Cranstoun. During Elsa's time as an experimental subject, she met Millaarc and Vanessa Diodati.
After the collapse of the Bavarian Illuminati following Adam Weishaupt's death, Vanessa, Millaarc, and Elsa escaped their confinement. They met Fudo Kazanari, who gave them protection in exchange for cooperating with his plans, and became the remnant group Noble Red.
The bestial features Elsa was implanted with allow her to strengthen her nervous system as an element of her fighting style. In addition, she is able to attach various tails and similar devices into a socket at her hip, which she uses as her primary form to attack. She carries these devices around in a rolling case.
Elsa seems able to hide her wolf ears in her hair, but they appear to perk up when she is agitated. It also helps her to sense enemies around her.
To keep in top form, Elsa requires a steady supply of blood — specifically, blood of the rare type RH-Xxoyle, which is only found in one out of roughly a million people. See Panacea Formula for more details.
After upgraded by Shem-Ha, Elsa able to use multiple tails at once. She also able to transformed into a Metal Wolf and perform spinning shield.
- "We've always, always been surrounded by walls, excluded from the human race. Used, betrayed... But still...we believed that someday we could find a way to bury this loneliness... If I'm going to end up as a monster... It would've been better if I never knew kindness!"
- The official spelling of Elsa's full name can be briefly seen on a computer screen during XV Episode 3.
- Despite this and the official romanization on the XV website, Crunchyroll has translated her first name as both 'Eliza' and 'Elza'.
- ↑ Symphogear XV Keyword #28: Elsa
- ↑ '暴行', the term used to describe her abuse, means both physical violence or rape/sexual assault
- ↑ Symphogear XV Keyword #28: Elsa